COVID-19: Customer Protocol
Mallaig Marina will re-open to visiting yachts on Monday 26th April 2021. In line with the latest Government guidance we have implemented additional cleaning processes and new procedures to keep staff and customers safe.
Hand Sanitisers are provided within both the Marina Office and the Shore Facilities, and at the top and bottom of the pontoon walkway.
We ask customers using the Marina to please follow the protocols below:
- Please do not travel to the Marina if you are displaying any of the symptoms of COVID-19
- Please observe social distancing requirements at all times
- Please wash or sanitise your hands regularly, and especially after touching/handling commonly used equipment such as trolleys, hoses or bin lids.
- Please read and follow any guidance provided
- If you plan to travel onward to an island or Knoydart, please consider Government advice to test for COVID prior to travelling.
- Please give way to anyone on the walkway who is exiting the pontoons, and observe social distancing by using pontoon fingers if required
- Please only use the access walkway if no-one from outwith your crew is on it, or you are going in the same direction as anyone on the walkway and can keep a safe distance.
- Hoses are still in place on each pontoon. Crews are advised to sanitise their hands before and after using hoses, and to run the supply until cold before filling their tanks.
- Due to limited space, we request that a maximum of one person (in addition to Marina Staff) is within the building at any one time
- Anyone entering the Building is required to wear a mask, and we request that they have washed or sanitised their hands
- Onsite payment should be made by card wherever possible.
Showers and Toilets
- The shore facilities are open. However, we request that only one crew uses the building at any one time, and that showers are booked in advance.
- We request that anyone using the shore facilities wears a mask and has washed or sanitised their hands before entering.
22nd April 2021